The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. I have been a member for many years. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Rating
Is a system to rate lawyers derived from anonymous input on an attorney’s legal skills and ethics which is provided by an attorney’s peers in the practice of law and judges before whom an attorney has appeared. I have the highest possible rating: A-V Preeminent.
Avvo.com Lawyer Rating
Is a website which includes a lawyer rating based on user generated content- client reviews. I have numerous reviews on the site and I have the highest possible rating: 10/10.
Lawyers.Com Lawyer Rating
This website is owned by Martindale Hubbell and shows both the peer-reviewed Martindale Hubble rating as well as client review rating. I have the highest possible rating: 5.0/5.0.
- State of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Juris Doctor - Emory University School of Law - Atlanta, Georgia
- Study Abroad Program - King’s College of Law - London, England
- Bachelor of Arts - University of Tennessee - Knoxville, Tennessee
- Rated 5.0/5.0 for ethics and legal skill by Martindale.com
- Rated 10.0 for experience, industry recognition, and professional conduct by Avvo.com
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Member - Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member - Los Angeles County Bar, Employment Law Section
- Member - Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member - Southern California Consumer Attorneys Association
- Member - Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- Trial Settlement Officer - Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Pro Bono Attorney - Los Angeles HIV AIDS Legal Services Association, 2007 - Present
- Former Chairman - Beverly Hills Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section 2009-2013
I have been featured in the Los Angeles Times, the Los Angeles Daily Journal, and the Hollywood Weekly. Additionally, I have written a number of articles on legal topics, including:
- "Child Custody Amounts Can Increase with a Change in Circumstances"
- "Will Client Die Due to Law Firm Mailroom Mishap?"
- "Why Hiring the Biggest Law Firm You Can Afford Can Lead to Disaster"
- "Five Steps Businesses Can Take to Minimize the Cost of Litigation"
- "Discrimination in California — What It Takes to Win"
- "Someone Has Copied My Website, What Can I Do?"
- "Protect Your Website — Gain Control of Copycat Sites Without Going to Court"
- "What is ‘Fair Use’ of Copyrighted Material in Cyberspace"
- "Trademark Infringement — The Eight-Factor Test Courts Use to Determine Customer Confusion"
- "Is Justice Delayed Justice Denied? How Overcrowded Courts Affects Consumers"
- "What Really Happens in an Injury Lawsuit in California"
- "Five Steps to Ensure You Receive Fair Compensation in an Injury Lawsuit"
- "Wage and Hour Claims in California"
- "Overtime Exemptions: Facts and Falsehoods"
- "Are Penalties Enough? California Courts Strike Punitives in Wage and Hour Cases"
- "Hiring Employees — Seven Mistakes Employers and Applicants Should Know"