The Law Offices of Galen Gentry represents employees in disputes arising out of:
- Wages and overtime disputes: If your employer failed to pay you overtime or compensate you for meal and rest breaks you were due but were not allowed to take we can seek the compensation for you.
- Discrimination: Everyone deserves equal treatment in the workplace. We represent employees who were victimized by discrimination based on gender, race, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
- Sexual harassment: Employees are entitled to a secure work environment free from sexual harassment. If another person’s actions or comments have created a hostile work environment, if employment is contingent on the acceptance of sexual advances, or if an employer retaliates against you for complaining about sexual harassment or standing up for a co-worker, you may be able to pursue a sexual harassment claim.
- Wrongful termination: Although wrongful termination is one of the most common claims about which potential clients enquire, it is one of the toughest to win. Most employment is at will which means that an employee may be fired at any time without cause. However, if the termination was in violation of a written employment contract, unlawfully discriminatory, or in retaliation for whistle blowing, then you may have a good claim.
- Wrongful Hiring Practices: Employers should avoid these actions and job seekers should be cognizant of their rights.
We represent clients in employment law disputes throughout southern California. Call 800.486.6814 or 310.282.7521 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.